The random questions continue!
Foods I Like:
1. *Mom's Chicken and Rice with Mushroom sauce
2. *Mom's Stroganoff.
3. *Mom's Chili Cornbread
4. *Mom's Cheesecake
5. Pizza - not just any pizza, but a good, restaurant-quality pizza, like Brick Oven's pizza. Now THAT'S good eatin'!
6. Arby's toasted Italian subs. They've become one of the pleasures in life which my wife and I often share.
7. Emilee's Chicken and Broccoli Casserole.
8. Olive Garden's Manicotti Formaggio----------->
* Mom's, of necessity, refers to *my* mom, meaning that it is the recipe I grew up with and loved. This, of course, differentiates this category from *your* mom and the recipes that you grew up with and, if you're lucky, also loved. I should also note that my wife also has cooked/baked/etc. almost every one of these to perfection using the same recipe.
Alas, my life doesn't tend to leave much time for fine dining - that Manicotti Formaggio is making my mouth water - but that hardly means that I don't have certain gastronomic preferences. Mighty Mart (specializing in health food) has an excellent chicken wrap, available in a hero-size combo to give a spandex-clad crime fighter the energy he needs to fly. El Super Mexicano has some killer burritos, and is quite popular with flame-throwing heroes like my wife, Alba. Unfortunately, one of the few things my healing powers can't cure is heartburn. Speaking of my wife, she cooks very well anything with the word "broiled" attached to it, but the InFront Steakhouse is a tough act to follow. And, if you can take the puns, City of Gyros has some fantastic food.
Hobbies I have:
1. I have a passion for singing, particularly barbershop, though I am beginning my foray into the world of pop music - more on that in another post.
2. I love to arrange music, especially for men's voices.
3. I enjoy writing short fiction, generally in the sci-fi genre.
4. I read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi.
5. I spend way too much time playing computer games.
6. I have an obsession for learning languages. I can now fluently speak English and Spanish, converse in Portuguese, exchange pleasantries in French, exchange insults in Klingon, and am beginning to dabble in Quenya (A form of Tolkien's Elvish) and Japanese
Crime fighting is, of course, an almost all-consuming passion. Add to the picture my red-hot wife, and helping our daughter learn how to use her superpowers and I'm a very busy family man. In my quiet moments, though, I enjoy reading the latest scientific journals and technology magazines, in hopes of finding something to further increase my effectiveness as a hero. After all, you never know when that little tweak will make the difference between walking away clean from a fight and watching your friends be teleported to the emergency room.
Next issue: Will the questions never end? What would Sapphire Sting do for a Klondike Bar? Pick up the next issue and find out!
Thing 2 of 642: A Houseplant is Dying...
3 years ago