Thursday, March 12, 2009

Diversion from Disney

We'll be back to more Disney adventures soon, but a friend of mine just passed this along to me and I need to share.

During my missionary service in Guatemala, a few other missionaries and I were put together into a singing group - and quite an eclectic group we were. Our original trio consisted of an opera singer (Seth Gruber), a rocker (Matt Digiordanno) and a barbershopper (me), to which was then added a choral singer (Saul Howard). We put together a collection of songs with which we toured central Guatemala, seeing old friends in the capital and the coast. I have often reflected that those were some of the happiest times of my missionary service and wished that I had more than memories from those times.


Little did I know that, at one of our performances, someone in the congregation was bootlegging it. Or, rather, suitcoating it, as their camera was concealed beneath a suitcoat. In addition to the photo above, they also videotaped our performance. The video quality ain't great and, admittedly, we were sometimes out of tune, but I wanted to share with you a few examples of our work.

1 comment:

Grandma Jule said...

BRAVO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

Who can I HUG for that WONDERFUL bootleg copy?????

That's another Disney Dream Delivered!

Thank you SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

GOSH, but I *love* hearing you sing!

Which classic Superhero are you?

Your results:
You are Superman
Superman
95%
Spider-Man
85%
Green Lantern
70%
Iron Man
60%
Batman
55%
Hulk
55%
Robin
52%
Supergirl
45%
The Flash
45%
Catwoman
35%
Wonder Woman
30%
You are mild-mannered, good,
strong and you love to help others.
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz